Sunday, August 16, 2009

Miserable Hot Weather

We have had such hot humid weather for the past several weeks that I have barely been able to knit. I have some socks and mittens OTN but when I pick them up, I can only knit a few rows before putting them down again.

I have a lot of beautiful wool that was given to me and I really want to make some nice mittnz for the Rez. Several skeins of Noro Kuryeon in amazing colors. It will make amazingly warm mittens and I plan to make them teen size to delight some teenage girl. Of course, I have plenty sturdy wool worsted wt in a variety of colors for the kids and will probably use Mariella's Sideways Mittens for those. I really enjoy that pattern.

Now if my AC would ever arrive and get installed, I would be happy! Whenever I call the agency, I am told, "Next week. Next week" So far no sign of an AC, but maybe THIS WEEK!

My sewing project is cool ties for the troops. Will send them to the Ships Project on Sept 1st. Those young men and women in that awful desert heat, carry heavy packs daily, can use a little help to survive. It is not about politics; it is about caring for the young soldiers who are away from home and family serving our country. They deserve to receive a Hug from Home.

My camera continues to have problems. I think I got the wrong batteries for it because they only lasted a few days and then wouldn't recharge on the dock. So will buy a "battery pack" set and see if that will solve the problem. If not, I will have to think about replacing the camera dock itself.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

For a camera, more expensive is better. Go with the Lithium. It makes all the difference in the world. And keep a spare set around. Cuz you know, the only time the batteries go out is when you need to take a pic!

It's starting to cool off here...only in the 90s every day instead of over 100 every day.